Our ultimate goal with SnowGlobe is to transition into a completely sustainable event -- a dream inspired both by the South Lake Tahoe community's culture of environmentalism and our festival's personal belief in the importance of conscientious and ethical event planning. We're happy to report that with help from our amazing sustainability team at Waste Free Earth that we've made impressive steps year-over-year towards reaching that goal. A tremendous amount of credit is due to you -- our fans -- for supporting us on our journey.
• For SnowGlobe 2017, 66% of the waste we generated was diverted away from landfills and into compost and recycling initiatives.
• We donated over 1,500 pounds of food, clothing and furnishings to 8 local organizations. Including, Do No Violence, The Warm Room (Tahoe Coalition for the Homeless), South Lake Tahoe Family Resource Center, Boys and Girls Club, Christmas Cheer, Tahoe Youth Family Center, Bread and Broth, and St. Theresa's Church.
• We are proud to say that most of these donations were FRESH produce donated by our 2017 partnership with Imperfect Produce through our social media campaign #EatUgly. Whatever couldn't be donated, we gave to our 70+ local green team employees.
• In total, we diverted over 94,933 pounds of waste away from landfills and into composing, recycling and donation initiatives.
• We had over 200 SnowGlobe Attendees participate in our sustainability contests and engaged in learning more about our sustainability program at the 2017 SnowGlobe.
• We hired over 70+ local workers to help with Green Team through Chris’s Cleaning.